Monday, May 9, 2011

Boston Comic-con

Back from the Boston Con.

They tell me 2,000 more people came this year than last year. Everybody that came by to say hello was great. But I hear people from Boston are generally pretty good folks. Some people traveled quite a ways to see me and my family. Some just came from around the corner.

Those CGC people have gotten a great idea. They came by with over 200 books for me to sign, for fan who wrote in to them. I guess the idea is, if you can't get to a convention I'm at, you can still get those "special", comics signed by me, and then sealed-up by CGC. Obviously a great idea. I think the final number was 280 books for me to sign. If you want to do this sort of thing, contact CGC.

I was doing sketches at the convention, and the prints are really attracting a lot of attention, because with time, there's more and more of them. And to be perfectly honest, I think we're missing some of my best pieces. We'll get there.

Joe Kubert was there. What a delight, telling people about the Kubert School. I got to meet Frank Quitely. He was a great surprise. Very personable, and pleasant. We must have chatted for 15 or 20 minutes. I did a bonus cover for a Superman series, and he told me he was very happy to have had me do it.

Now here's the big surprise. My son Josh was there, and he's just starting a series of stories on the new Dr. Who, that will be coming from IDW. I've already seen his preliminary draws, and they're just great. Josh's table was constantly surrounded by girl fans, of the new Dr. Who, Matt Smith. Have you seen the new shows?

I' ll post some of the pieces for you to see.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Neal,

    Judging from these sketches, that's an Adams boy for sure. It's a long way away yet, but will you be at NYCC this year, I've stopped in twice to chat with you, hope to again.

    Cesare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh Adams looks like he's going to be a force of nature in comics, I'm relieved you are handing down your knowledge to the young'ins, they already do impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Neal, you're half a year late with Batman: Odyssey! What's up with that?!

    ReplyDelete