Monday, July 2, 2012

Wow!

We're just back from the Floridasupercon in Miami. Last year they had 8,000 attendees. This year, they had 16,000. Last year, they were over-loaded with Manga and Gamers. This year, by going out of there way to bring-in comic book artists like Rags Morales, the great Carmine Infantino,Howard Chaykin, and little old me, with my sons, Josh and Jason. Fully a third of the folks there were true comic book fans. What a change for the Floridasuperon. They were so full up, they didn't have enough parking space. So they contacted the city, and snipped the lock on a near-by municipal parking lot that wasn't being used. I can't tell you how many fans responded to the Facebook posting I put up, inviting folks to come. But dozens and dozens came because of the Facebook mention.

Dealers and fans, I predict, 32,000 to 35,000 people will be at this con next year. It was a thrill to be part of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment